BEFORE YOU VISIT
Permanent cosmetics are an investment in yourself and will make your day to day life a little easier. To get the best results from your appointment please review the aftercare protocol before booking your appointment as you need to dedicate one week to following these guidelines. This doesn’t mean you can’t live your life for the next 7 days, it just means you may have to modify your behaviour!
In addition to aftercare there are some things you can do before you come for your permanent cosmetics appointment to make your visit as pleasant as possible. You need to do the prep work to get your skin ready for the procedure so we can get your the best possible results!
Things to avoid before you come
- Drinking of coffee or highly caffeinated drinks the day of your procedure
- Drinking alcohol 24 hours before your procedure
- Taking aspirin or ibuprofen 24 hours before your appointment, Tylenol is ok
- Working out the day of the procedure
- Tanning or burning your face in the sun or a tanning bed 1 week prior
- Waxing or tinting your brows 3 days before your appointment
- Taking fish oil or vitamin E one week before as they are natural blood thinners
- Getting botox 2 weeks before
- Having any type of facial 2 weeks prior
The above content is meant for all types of permanent makeup, below are some additional instructions for lip blush and eyeliner.
Permanent Lip Blush Prep
In addition to the guidelines above before lip blush, you should also consider these preparations prior to your appointment.
- Hydrate your lips starting 7 days prior. If your lips are chapped and hard it makes it VERY difficult to tattoo.
- Exfoliate your lips a few times the week leading up to your appointment.
- Think about what daily colour you love wearing, bring it into the appointment so I can make a similar colour for you.
- If you are prone to swelling please take oral homeopathic arnica in advance of your appointment for 3-5 days as well as the day of and day after. You can find this at Natures Fare or most other vitamin stores
- Do not get lip injections 4 weeks before and after this treatment.
- If you suffer from cold sores or if it is possible you have this virus dormant in your system you need to take an anti-viral 5 days before and 5 days after the appointment.
Trauma to the lip area can trigger a cold sore on your lips which no one wants! An antiviral taken the week before and after your appointment prescribed by your doctor will save you from this potential side effect. If your appointment is booked during an outbreak of cold sores on your lips the procedure may not be done.
Permanent Eyeliner Prep
In addition to the guidelines above before permanent eyeliner you should also consider these preparations prior to your appointment.
- Lash growth serums need to stop 4 weeks prior to your appointment! They will make the eye more sensitive and create more blood flow to the eyelid! You can start your lash serum again 2 weeks after your touch up appointment.
- Lash extensions need to be removed before we do your eyeliner as they can create a lot of bacteria and will get in the way of the procedure.
- Your eyes must be in good health and not have any infections in them.
- Do not wear contacts to your appointment, glasses only please!
If you want to learn more about what to expect at your appointment please take a look at my FAQ page, it has a lot of additional info! I also have a YouTube page with some fun videos on permanent makeup!
For out of town guests our closest airport is YLW the Kelowna International airport, which is located between Kelowna and Lake Country only 35 minutes south of the studio!